Grace........

2 Cor. 12:9  ~  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
John 1:17 ~ John taught: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”

The first New Testament reference that gives real information about grace is found in Acts, chapter 15. Circumcision as a required practice ended with the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was through this atonement that we are saved, not through the act of circumcision, which had been intended to remind men of God’s covenant with Abraham. Therefore, we learn that grace comes through Jesus Christ, and that it is only through Him that we can be saved.

In Romans, 3:23-25 ~  Paul is again coping with disagreements over circumcision. He reminds them that all men are sinners and that circumcision is not going to save anyone from his sins. Justification means to be restored to our proper relationship with God after we’ve sinned. None of us can do that on our own. Had Jesus Christ not been willing to atone for our sins, no amount of repentance, obedience, or faith would have saved us. The smallest sin would keep us out of God’s presence. Because of the atonement, we can restore our place in God’s kingdom. Grace makes this possible.

Gal. 2:20-21 ~ I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

We are not saved by grace plus works, but by grace alone. Paul makes it clear that we must choose either one or another. "Both" is not an option (Romans 11:6). "If the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise"

Galatians 3:18 ~ Salvation does not depend on the law, but on God’s grace.

Galatians 3:21 ~ "If a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law". If there were any way that rule-keeping could lead to eternal life, then God would have saved us with the law. But it wasn’t possible. The law cannot save anyone.

Eph. 2:8-9 ~ For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Titus 3: 5-7 ~ Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;  6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;  7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Titus 2:11 ~ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men…

 2 Tim. 2:1-2 ~ 1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!