CANCER: Radiation Treatment #5 - Reassuring Words

Yesterday, after my 5th treatment, I had a consult with my Radiation Oncologist, the dietitian, the Nurse Practitioner, and my nurse. They wanted to know how I was doing and wanted to make sure that I was using my prescription lotions every day and night. I asked Dr. Salter about the concern I had with negative side-effects that can come from radiation treatments...hardening of the arteries, heart valve issues, sudden heart attack, pneumonitis in the lungs and other lung issues. 

I suffered pneumonitis from the chemo Taxotere and it was horrific! I am still on oxygen at night because of it, but hope to come off of it next month. She told me that because of my rare cancer and rare method of treatment....having to treat both sides of chest - underarms - and neck all at one time....the special arching of the treatment pattern will help to reduce risks. Dr. Salter also said that when they were mapping out my treatment plan all of those risks were taken into consideration and they did all they could to help minimize the negatives. It took over two weeks to get my plan mapped out because of the intricacies related to my case and treatment. As I wrote in my blog, one of my Radiation Technicians, Sonya, told me that in her 15+ years at the Radiation Clinic....she has only seen 6 cases like mine. 

I just feel so good and rejuvenated after my consult yesterday. Dr. Salter assured me that I did not need to concern myself about the possible negative side-effects as she does not anticipate them being an issue that will come into my life. In addition, Dr. Salter told me that because of the special arching of the radiation machine, I might not have as severe burning/redness that some patients suffer. All of that news was very positive and very exciting. 

I left the Bruno Cancer Center yesterday feeling very pumped about continuing in my journey to wellness and complete earthly healing. I am SO BLESSED to be at a Christian based cancer care center. They play Contemporary Christian music for me over the speakers in the radiation treatment room. That helps to carry me to a good place and get my mind off of having my arms bound tight over my head. 

I believe God is healing me day by day and that He is using every earthly means to bring me healing....along with His powers of healing. Your prayers, love, and concern are carrying me through this journey. I receive so much comfort and positivism from each of you who are walking this cancer journey with me. You all are AMAZING!!! I love y'all and thank you all more than I can express. ðŸ’•

God is so VERY good....through the good and the bad, I feel His presence. I am never alone....even in the dark hours of night....He is with me. Such an awesome feeling!


I am so excited to be headed back to the Bruno Cancer Center today for radiation treatment #6. After my consultation yesterday, my head is in a much better place after getting some encouraging feedback from Dr. Salter. I am positive, I feel good, and I am excited to keep moving forward. 

#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer  #GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  
#HeProtectsMe   #WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  
#GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod  
#PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
#Taxotere #MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  #CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed  
#MyGoalisCancerFree  #Pulmonary  #Radiation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!