CANCER: Radiation: Refined Through "Fire" (Warning: Photos)

Please pray that this burn pain will start to subside. If you read my recent blog posts...you know that my Radiation Oncologist said it might get a lot worse before getting better.
Also, just in case you haven't read some of my other blog posts....I got radiation scatter in my Esophagus which has caused me pain when I swallow and has also caused my voice to be hoarse. It will, however, disappear in time. Praise God! 

It's not pretty, but it is a reality. I barely slept at all last night. I continue to doctor with the prescription medicines and essential oils that I have, however, the medicines do not stop the burn and they do not stop them from happening. As my Oncologist explained to me, it “prepares” the skin - moisturizes it - which can also help it not to reach its worst potential state. 

I know that God continues to heal me and this too shall pass....I just pray this stage passes soon! As I have said a few times in my blog.... sometimes we have to travel through fire to be refined and renewed. The burns on my skin are the outward signs of the healing that God is using from the “fire” of radiation to destroy my cancer within. He is making me a survivor! Amen! 

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please pray for all who are striving to live while fighting a war against a disease that is trying to take their life. Pray for their brave and faithful families who walk the journey with them hand-in-hand daily. 











It's NOT pretty, but it's REAL!



It is tough to sleep at night and it is difficult to wear any clothing across my burns during the day. The slightest touch rubs and also fabric holds-in the heat. I stack my pillows to where I am almost sitting up and then I lay my head back. I am currently still on oxygen from being placed on it in February when the chemo Taxotere caused me to have Pneumonitis, Respiratory Failure, and Hypoxia. I have to heavily lotion myself up prior to going to bed so, at least for the first few hours, I don't wear a pajama top.

I want to say another heartfelt THANK YOU to a “Gifting Angel” who shared a love offering on my GoFundMe to help with my ever-increasing financial burden associated with having cancer. On May 25th and May 28th I had donations given by “Anonymous.” 

Although you chose to be a blessing in secret, God knows who you are. I am in tears of gratitude this morning. I have never been in a position to have to call on others for assistance; however, the expense of having a serious disease is overwhelming. It is very humbling. I have heard of so many cases of financial ruin after having a family member becoming very ill…..and now, I understand first hand. 

God is continuously teaching me and stretching me through this cancer journey. He is enriching me from within so that when I am completely healed with an earthly healing....I will be a greater blessing to Him and to those He loves who need to be touched with His light of hope. I desire to shine His goodness to others through my living testimony. 

God uses His faith-filled children to be His helpers….His givers….His doers of good. Thank you all who have blessed me with your prayers, financial gifts, cards, messages, gift cards and your loving support. None of your encouragement and support goes without notice before me….but especially before God. Thank you all for caring…..Love y’all!

“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” Proverbs 11:25



If God leads you to make a "love offering," all 
assistance is greatly appreciated. 

My GoFundMe:



GOD IS LEADING! GOD IS HEALING!



#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer  #GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  
#HeProtectsMe   #WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  
#GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod  
#PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
#Taxotere #MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  #CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed  
#MyGoalisCancerFree  #Pulmonary  #Radiation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!