CANCER: Can We Find A Brain........




I went to my Medical Oncologist appointment today with Dr. Bondly. I was very pleased to see that all proper protocol was being used to keep the patients, office staff, and medical professionals as safe as possible. They took everyone's temperature before entering the Oncology waiting room. In addition, each patient had their picture taken as well. Masks were required and there was sufficient space distancing between seating. Usually there is a huge waiting room full of people, but no guests were allowed to come with you and they spaced the patients appointments more to help with the number of patients there at one time.  

First time I have had a check-up with her in 3 months. My port functioned without any issue and I was so glad about that. The nurse took several vials of blood. Some of the reports were in prior to my leaving and the ones that were in looked real good. I was extremely happy to hear that. 

Dr. Bondly said I looked great and she found no issues during my exam. However, I did mention to her that I have been having some headaches and nausea off and on for the past couple of months. I would not have said anything, but when you have or had cancer, you know to not leave any symptoms out when talking with your doctor. I haven't been overly concerned; however, it is strange for me. I don't have headaches except occasionally when it is going to rain and I don't get random nausea. 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sister, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Spoken by the brother of Jesus, James, in Chapter 1 - Verses 2-4.

Dr. Bondly feels, as a precaution, that I need to have both a contrast and non-contrast brain MRI. I think she is really wanting to just check to see if mine is still intact....LOL Anyway, she did go ahead and schedule the MRI for Monday morning. That really doesn't leave me much time to have to think about it. We have a busy week-end planned with my oldest grandson, John Franklin, turning 8 tomorrow.....we will be partying most of the day.

This has thrown me off a bit, but I trust that all will be just fine. I have some masks to get out next week to a church family in Texas and a few to some family members....don't have time for messing with my brain. "Smile" I am not really concerned; however, I would love and appreciate all of you to say prayers for me regarding this from now until I get the results next week. I will give an update when I get the report. 

Love to you all! 


"We also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5




Cancer is evil! Cancer is of the devil! 
Cancer is ugly - painful - heartbreaking - destructive!

There is NOTHING good about cancer, BUT blessings....His precious blessings can shine through even in our darkest hours!

God is Faithful! God is Loving! God is Healing!

GOD IS LEADING!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.” 
Psalm 100:4-5


#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy   
#GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  
 #WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  
#GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   
#PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
 #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  #MyGoalisCancerFree   
#Orthopedic     #Cardiovascular 

Comments

  1. You have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I pray daily for you my friend. I love you also 💛👍
    Please keep me in your prayers Patricia. I am having a hard time knowing that Jonah is out of school and is at his foster home all day long. I pray no abuse will be in his life during and after these unusual times are over. Father God, in Jesus' name I pray for Patricia and her continued healing and I pray for all foster children and all children that are having to stay home. Lord keep them safe, all of them. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Love you sweet friend. I pray Jonah will be safe, but not only safe...I pray he will be a happy little boy who will thrive, grow, and enjoy life. Most of all I pray his foster parents will show him Jesus through their lives and that he will grow up knowing Him. 🙏🏻💞

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!