Cancer: Chemo Free Week....A Blessing From God!


I did not want to miss a week of chemo, but God knew what He was up to! This has been such an amazing last few days! Not only did He bless me, but not having to take chemo has blessed my family so much. It gave “me” to them….not the sick me, but the whole of me that is feeling great and enjoying every minute of every day!

Today, we gathered at Cracker Barrel for lunch…..and John Franklin blessed us with such a precious blessing over the meal. After, we came back to my house and had a fun-filled time of opening gifts and eating all kinds of luscious desserts. Tonight, we rode to Trussville, went to Starbucks, and then saw some magnificent homes all dressed in their glorious tribute to Christmas….and one even had a huge manger scene that was beautiful. Tomorrow we will gather at Ashleigh and Joey's for more Christmas fun and in the warm of their home, we will again gather around the table to share a meal with all the foods and trimmings of the holidays. 

At the end of opening our presents today…..and believe me, my kiddos and grands always go far beyond with presents for me than they should and this year was no different; however, there was a very special surprise. I have my grandmother’s bureau and china cabinet, but the bureau had got moisture in the wood and was in extremely bad shape. Most would say it could not be repaired. However, for the past couple of months, Michael has put in hours and hours working on it so that he could re-finish and antique it. It was a maple wood, but the wood was separating, warping….truly in terrible shape. But today, his work of love was revealed and I could not believe my eyes. I spent hours at my grandmother’s house playing with this bureau and the china cabinet. 

My heart is overwhelmed with joy to now have this beautiful piece with all of it’s memories in my home. When Michael was working on the piece, he found under one of the drawers that it was signed by the creator of the piece and it is numbered. The bureau is around 100 years old and will live now for many, many more years! I am attaching some pics. The pics seriously don’t do it justice, but it so beautiful!

As blessed as my family and I are…..my heart is never away from those who don’t have, those who are suffering life’s struggles, those who are so sick….especially those whose earthly battles are almost over. My prayers are with them and their families today and always.









#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe

#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow    #GodisinControl    #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer
#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!