CANCER: Chemo Side of Chemo Taxotere -Effect: Hand-Foot Syndrome: Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia


Friday – Post from Facebook:

Prayer Request: As I shared in my blog post last night, I woke up yesterday morning with sensitivity in my right hand and severe feeling of needles and heart pulsating. By the evening it was much more swollen and red and had also moved to my left hand. I did not get much sleep at all last night because of the pain. This morning I am also feeling a sensitivity to the outer right side of my right foot. I am pretty sure that it is the Hand-Foot Syndrome which is also known as Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia. It is one of the more severe side effects of the chemo drug Taxotere.

I have put in a call to my Oncologist to see if she can call in a prescription, if there is any over the counter medication that I can use, or if she needs me to come in. Putting my hands in and out of cold water temporarily eases the pain and sensitivity. Please, please pray that this does not also go to my feet and that it does not get worse than what it is right now, but I do know that is a possibility. I do not want this to cause my treatment plan to be altered in anyway so please also pray hard about that as that is of ultimate importance.
I WILL get through this and one day, this will be part of my testimony. Amen!
Thank you all for loving, caring and for lifting me in your prayers.💗
(I shared some pics, but they don't really give a true image.)

Saturday – Post From Facebook:

Thank you all for your sweet and precious prayers being lifted before our Mighty and Gracious Father. It is difficult for me to type so my responses might be slow, but know that I am seeing your "likes" and am reading your comments. My Oncologist, Dr. Bondly, called in two prescriptions for me yesterday afternoon. I have the Hand-Foot Syndrome or Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia which a side-effect of the chemo drug Taxotere that I started Tuesday. One of the prescriptions is a tablet, Dexamethasone It is an anti-inflammatory drug that is a corticosteroid hormone. She also prescribed Triamcinolone which is a corticosteriod cream that is to help to offer relief with the redness, swelling, pain, cracking, etc. It is now on both hands and both of my feet.

Last night before going to bed, I took the Dexamethasone and rubbed my hands and feet with the Triamcinolone cream. I waited a bit and also used the Lidocaine cream that Ashleigh bought me yesterday. Then, I took two Ibuprofen. I went to bed and propped both hands up as best as I could. Thank you my sweet sister, Mary Chavers, for praying a very specific prayer for my sleep last night. Thursday night I was only able to sleep for 4 hours, but...although I woke up a few times over night....I was able to get a much needed good nights sleep.

We know that God is listening to every plea lifted before His Loving Throne. The side-effects of the Hand-Foot Syndrome have the potential of getting much worse, but we are standing in agreement that this is as far as it is going to go. I believe that God is healing me through His miraculous healing, He is using the medications to bring healing, and He is answering each of your prayers. I am so blessed to be walking this cancer journey with so many faith-filled believers praying for me and encouraging me.

God is leading my journey and He WILL bring me to a complete earthly healing.

Love to you all! 💕








#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe

#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow    #GodisinControl    #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer
#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!