CANCER: I Am 1 of 268,600...But, I Am Also 1 of the 72%




As most, hopefully all, of you know….especially the ladies….it is October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We often think the “bad” won’t happen to us. I think we are especially prone to think this way when we have never had breast cancer in our immediate family. The diagnosis comes as an utter shock and somewhat of disbelief. Although this is true, I never cried out to God and questioned “why me?” Because if I questioned “why me,” I would have to do the same for the other estimated 268,600 women in the United States who will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, and 62,930 women who will be diagnosed with in situ breast cancer just this year. There are so many variables that play into the “why,” but one thing I know for sure…..God did NOT give me or anyone else breast cancer or any other form of cancer. He loves His girls and boys and He desires for all of us to live, thrive, and enjoy this beautiful world that He created for us.

I learned within days of my first mammogram, sonogram, and biopsies that I had Stage 3 Bilateral Breast Cancer. The type of breast cancer I have is Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. It is considered advanced because mine was not contained in the breast, but had already ventured out into the lymph node system. However, Praise God, it had not metastasized to distant sites. What really came to me as a surprise was that my cancer was rare. It is not rare for women to have both breast removed during surgery….a double mastectomy. Although they have cancer in one breast, many often choose to have both removed for prevention of further cancer, for symmetry, and/or aesthetics.

My cancer was rare because in my right breast, I had a cancer tumor that turned fiery red, had pain and shouted….”Get Me Out of Here!” And….the cancer had ventured into my lymph system under my right arm. On the other hand….I had two silent cancers creeping around in my left breast that came as quite a surprise. The “rare” part is that I have/had Bilateral Breast Cancer…..actually having active cancer in both breast. I didn’t realize how rare this was until I had to be mapped for radiation. It took my Radiation Oncologist two and a half weeks to map the arcing for my radiation treatments. One of my radiation techs told me that she had only seen 6 cases….me being number 6….of Bilateral Breast Cancer in her 15 years at the Alabama Oncology Radiation Center.

Because my cancer is/was Stage 3 Advance Bilateral Invasive Ductal Carcinoma….the statistics say that I have a 72% chance of NOT having cancer come back somewhere else in my body…..and a 28% chance that it will come back. That is the “medical statistics” based on studied cases.

I received a whisper from a Friend....and He told me I will be just fine! I, by the grace, mercy, and healing from God will receive an earthly healing, refreshing, and renewal. 

I AM 1 of 268,600 women, but I AM also 1 of the 72%! 
I stand firm and claim this in the Mighty Name of Jesus!
Amen and Amen!

"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up." James 5:14-15a

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousness will go before you,

    and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.


Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
 you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I." Isaiah 58:8-9



God is leading and He is healing!


"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you." - Deut. 31:8

I thank you all for your continued prayers. I pray for all of you as well and thank God for all of you. Love y'all!


If you feel led to make a "love offering," all 
assistance is appreciated. 

GoFundMe Account:

https://www.gofundme.com/patricia039s-cancer-fund?


#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy   
#GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  
 #WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  
#GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   
#PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
 #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  
#MyGoalisCancerFree   #Orthopedic

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!