MRI's....Dreading Was Worse Than Reality

Today, September 18, 2019, I have two MRI’s scheduled...one on my left knee and the other on my right shoulder. I am extremely claustrophobic and am not looking forward to this process. I was told that they’re going to inject a needle in my right shoulder which I think is for a contrast dye. All of it has me a little anxious. 

My Medical Oncologist gave me a 5 mg Valium to take To help with the claustrophobia. A little medicine goes along way with me, but I’m not sure if I should take one only or take one and wait 15 minutes or so and take a second one. I don’t want to be completely knocked out… that’s for sure. 🙂 I am just not familiar with Valium or how it will affect me personally. Any of you who have had this experience or have used Valium for MRI's… and/or have had the contrast dye put in the shoulder, I would like to hear from you. Prayers are appreciated.


UPDATE:

It is over and all went well. Yes, I felt the contrast shots, but the medical professionals were great and I have definitely experienced much worse pain in my cancer journey. They had no music to listen to. Very loud, but earplugs helped. I closed my eyes as I entered and talked to God the entire time. I enjoyed my time with Him. There is nothing better than His comfort. 

Thank you all for your prayers. God is leading and loves each of us so much! I get my results in a couple of days. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!