A New Doctor.....A New Issue/Issues

So on the 1 year anniversary of my diagnoses with Bilateral Breast Cancer, I had to go see a new doctor. Since my infused chemo and my double mastectomy, I have been dealing with pain in my left knee and my right shoulder and upper right arm. 

My Medical Oncologist, Dr. Bondly, set me up with an appointment to see Dr. Mark Elkus of the Orthopedic Group of Birmingham. She wanted me to have both checked out to see what was going on and especially to rule out any cancer.


I had several xrays and found out that I have "severe" arthritis that covers my knee under the knee-cap. In addition, I have a torn MCL. In the shoulder, I have Tendonitis and Bone Spurs in my right shoulder. He is ordering me a knee brace with extra support on both sides of the knee. He also prescribed a steroid medication and an anti-inflammatory medicine. 

I will also have to start physical therapy. And.....I am being scheduled for an MRI on my shoulder and an MRI on my left knee at St. Vincent's downtown. Then, I will go back to Dr. Elkus on October 2nd. He is going to try to do all he can before considering surgery. 

There is needle therapy that he might try next. Not the best news, but the great news is....Zero sign of cancer in the knee or shoulder!!! YAY! That is my absolute positive take-a-way for today. 

God is always good and He is leading. 

Amen!

#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy   
#GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  
 #WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  
#GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   
#PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
 #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  
#MyGoalisCancerFree #Arthritis #Tendonitis 


"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord 
establishes his steps." 
 Proverbs 16:9

"I know O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps."

Jeremiah 10:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!