My Fall: February 28, 2021

I want to preface my post by saying I did something very very “stupid” yesterday! Yes, I am using the word stupid because that is the best word I know to describe my actions.


Because of my breast cancer, chemo treatments, and radiation treatments I have been diagnosed with degenerative bone disease. I have already lost an inch in my height. My medical oncologist, Dr. Bondly, has told me that I have to be extremely careful because my bones are fragile and I can easily break one. 


Well, yesterday I decided to move a very heavy box downstairs. I thought… OK this is not gonna be hard, I can just walk it down the stairs. Needless to say it didn’t work out the way I had envisioned it, mind you, the box was far bigger than the width of the stairs so I was having to be several steps down in front of it to try to walk it down. 


Well, when I was about three or four steps from the bottom it decided to push me down and it did with full force. I landed on my right side and as I hit, I heard what I feel like was every bone in my neck crack.


Across the lower section of my right side it is extremely painful. I have very little movement in my neck and when I do, it is soooo painful. I have a black big toe on my right foot and a small bruise on my left knee. I feel like I have whiplash in my neck. I have definitely learned my lesson about trying to do something that I knew better before I ever started. 


I have not gone to the hospital for any tests, but if I don’t improve, I will go there tomorrow and have some tests ran just to make sure there’s nothing going on that I am unaware of. I had to get up a couple of times during the night and when I did… It took me about 5 to 8 minutes each time to figure out how I could get myself out of bed without putting so much pressure on my hurt areas and causing extreme pain. Finally, I just got up and went and sat in the den.


Y’all, please say some prayers on my behalf that I get relief from this pain and that I have not caused any major injury to myself. Thank you all. 💞


UPDATE: My Kiker family just came by, brought me flowers and a meal...plus, John Franklin said a beautiful prayer over me. Michael is going to take me in a few minutes to the St Vincent’s main emergency room to be checked out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!