CANCER: First Night With Oxygen.......


Some of you have wanted to know how my first night on oxygen went......did I sleep well? Well, sadly the answer is NO. The oxygen did keep my oxygen levels elevated and that is certainly its purpose; however, I was really hoping, honestly expecting, a good solids night sleep and that I would awake refreshed. Didn't happen!

I had dreams that seemed to encapsulate the entire night. Every few hours I woke up with my mouth so bone dry and with some kind of yucky funky stuff in it. I had to get up, clear my mouth, and drink water. I woke-up with a horrific headache....which I rarely and I do mean rarely ever have a headache. I would have to say that overall it met its requirements of keeping my oxygen levels on point, but that was all the positive that was provided. Wearing the breathing apparatus did not bother me at all. Once I was asleep, I was unaware of its presence. That is not true with the smell that comes from the oxygen or the burning. The Pulmonary Group told me Wednesday that what feels like burning is actually because the oxygen is cold.

I don't want to complain, but I have experienced so many restless and sleepless nights since starting chemo that I was really wanting one night of sleep that would give me a super rested feeling when I woke-up this morning. I want the machine to do what it is supposed to do in order for me not to have any life-threatening issues in my sleep and it is doing that and that is most important.

Tonight....who knows? I might have a completely different experience. Most likely there is an "adjustment curve" that you have to go through before all the issues are worked out. Irregardless, God is using every "medical invention" to bring me to healing....in addition to His power of healing. I am going to be healed with a complete earthly healing and these little "bumps" in my cancer journey will just make me stronger and give me new testimonies to use for His glory by sharing and caring for others. Amen!

Thank you all for your continued faith-filled prayers as you call me out by name before our heavenly Father. Love you all! ðŸ’•





#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe
#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow    #GodisinControl    #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer
#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!