CANCER: Mommy and Son....Conversation & Prayers of a Child

John Franklin has such a loving, compassionate heart. His love and his emotions are so deep for such a young fella. He has been praying for me since I was first diagnosed with cancer. His way of expressing what’s on his heart continues to amaze me. His precious words well up emotion in me and I can’t help but shed a few tears. He is God’s precious child and I am so proud this little 6 year old is my grandson. He is a testimony to the way his parents are rearing him. Every time he sees me, he asks how I’m doing....how is my cancer. He isn’t satisfied with “fluffy” answers because he wants to know how he can best pray for his MiMi. My heart is so full! I love my John Franklin so much!!! John, your prayers are helping to heal your MiMi so keep praying your sweet prayers. ðŸ’—

***I am sharing a post that Ashleigh, my daughter, shared on Facebook.***
(Matthew 18:3-4) - Jesus was responding to the disciples and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
Bedtime Conversation with John Franklin.....
John Franklin, Jack and I were talking and reminiscing about the day spent with Norah Jane. Then, in true form, John Franklin began to switch into deep conversation/question mode (his favorite bedtime activity🤣). Last night, though, he was feeling some real concern and began asking some tough questions.
“Mommy, what are we going to do to about Mimi’s cancer? I have seen her wearing a mask, needing oxygen, and saw some pictures of her arms and legs that looked bad. I’m just worried about her. What can we do about Mimi’s cancer?”
I began to tell him about all of the doctor’s appointments that we had been going to while he and Jack were at school. Then, we talked about how chemo works and the unfortunate side effects it causes. Most of the things that he has been worrying about are a result of the chemo and not the actual cancer. After realizing that, he expressed concern about her having too many medications. I told him that we were finished with all of the yucky chemo now and would be moving on to some other forms of treatment. I assured him that things would slowly start to get back to normal and that Mimi would be getting stronger soon. I also mentioned that she would even start to get her hair back. He quickly responded, “Mommy, I’m not worried about her hair...not at all. I’m worried about her sickness.” (Sweet baby loves his Mimi.) I explained a little about her upcoming surgery; that seemed to upset him a bit more. So, I thought it would be best to stop the conversation there and asked him to say a special prayer for Mimi. He said, “Mommy, you read my mind. That’s exactly what I was wanting to do.” I told him to go for it.
He began...
“Dear God,
Thank you for our family, our friends, and our church. Tonight, I want to pray for Mimi. I want to ask you to take Mimi’s cancer away. God, I’m asking you please in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, take it away now. I ask You, God, to take her cancer away. I don’t want her to be sick. I don’t want her to be in pain. I don’t want her to be sad. I don’t want her to be scared. I don’t want her to have cancer. I love you, God. I love her. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
There I was...Listening to this bold, unashamed, fearless, full of faith prayer from my 6 year old boy. Tears were streaming down as he looked over and said, “Mommy, I’ve got you. I know this has been hard for you. I love you. I want you to know that you are the best Mommy. You shine like the sun in my heart. Mimi is going to be healed.”
Y’all, I haven’t showed much emotion around my kiddos concerning their Mimi over the last 5 months. I’ve tried to be strong and confident for them. But, John Franklin wrecked me last night. Oh, to have the faith of a child, so brave and so strong! You come into parenting thinking that you will be doing a lot of leading/teaching (and you do). What you don’t realize is how much learning you will be doing throughout the entire process. We are all growing together every day. I am incredibly thankful for my first born, sensitive, comforting, deep-thinking, Jesus and family-loving baby (he would hate the baby part🤪) boy. He is such a bright spot in this world and has so much to offer it. I pray every day that he continues to grow and never has his spirit squelched by the world. Last night, I laid with that baby and held him until he fell asleep. I wanted to make sure that moment was etched into my soul forever...My John, my first gift from God.
“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” - Jesus


#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe

#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  #GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer
#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!