CANCER: Have eyes to SEE!

We "humans" have a natural instinct to look at the "outside" and often cast some degree of judgment without ever digging a little deeper to see what inside the cover might reveal. There is even a saying that goes like this, "You can't judge a book by its cover!" Well, that is a very true statement and certainly does not just apply to books. 

We see the scars of alcoholism, the abuse of drugs as its ravaged marks are left behind, sickness and disease, we see brokenness, heartbreak, and stress that have covered a face with wrinkles, we see the out-of-shape body and question..."why don't they just lose weight"....when we don't know the reason behind the why.....on and on. Sometimes the cover doesn't look very appealing, but we must have eyes to see. See what? See what lies beneath the outward shell that life has weathered and torn. 

Having gone through the past five months after being diagnosed with Bilateral Breast Cancer, I feel that my outward shell has aged a lifetime in these few months. I have made so many transitions, burned hands and feet, break-outs of sores, rashes, low platelets causing blood to come to the surface, no hydration leaving behind wrinkled arms, hands, face....well, I might as well say my whole body....no hair on my head....no hair anywhere. I look at myself and I don't like what I see in the mirror. Very soon, I will have a major outward change and a pattern of scars will remain from what used to be. The changes have come so quickly and there is so much negative. But what if I only looked at the outward me that I see in the mirror....the outward me that others see. And, what if we look at all others and judge what we see without ever looking at the inward....at their heart, their soul....the very essence of who they "really" are? 

When the Lord was speaking to Samuel, He said, "I see not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but I look on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

What a beautiful example and message our Heavenly Father has demonstrated for us. I am SO MUCH MORE than what you or I see on the outside. You are SO MUCH MORE than what your mirror reveals or how you perceive yourself. Perhaps pain, battles, scars from your past cause you to see someone who outwardly looks too damaged....too unworthy....too broken, BUT GOD looks at your heart. He looks at who we really are....what REALLY counts!

This morning while cooking my breakfast I was listening to Contemporary Christian music on my friendly Amazon Alexa Echo. One of my favorite songs came on....Lauren Daigle's "You Say." I laughed, I danced.....and mainly I cried. I cried as the words once again assured me of Whose I am and how He views me. He looks past ALL of our outward baggage....no matter how damaged we might appear....our Father sees His beautiful child, our heart, our intent, our love, compassion, our desire to follow Him. 


Yes....I am beautiful! Yes, YOU are beautiful!

Never let anyone cast doubt on your worth, make you feel ashamed, or make you feel less than because of your outward appearance....no matter what that looks like. Remember and focus on His view of You. 


We need to all work on looking at the inward person. Look beneath the surface and see what jewels are waiting to be found. Have eyes to see....truly SEE!

"You Say".....I hope and pray you will sing the words over and over to yourself and believe them! Every-time you start to doubt....and you will....play "You Say" and sing the words loud and make them sink into the deepest recesses of your soul. Feel them!


Lyrics:
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know

You say I am loved
When I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong
When I think I am weak
You say I am held
When I am falling short
When I don’t belong
You say I am Yours
And I believe
I believe
What You say of me
I believe

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity

You say I am loved
When I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong
When I think I am weak
You say I am held
When I am falling short
When I don’t belong
You say I am Yours
And I believe
I believe
What You say of me
I believe

Taking all I have and now I’m laying it at Your feet
You have every failure, God, and You’ll have every victory

You say I am loved
When I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong
When I think I am weak
You say I am held
When I am falling short
When I don’t belong
You say I am Yours
And I believe
I believe
What You say of me
I believe

Oh, I believe
Yes, I believe
What You say of me
Oh, I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaT8Jl2zpI


#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe

#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  #GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer

#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!