CANCER: Little By Little....My Life is Returning!


There have been a lot of negatives along the way from chemo treatments, however, one of the worst… and one of the things that we often take for granted… is taste of food. It either tasted horrible, it had no taste at all, or it was so painful that I could not bear to eat.


One food group that I absolutely love is salad. Today, Michael and I ordered pizza from an awesome family owned restaurant in Moody, Carpenetti's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria. I have not been able to eat it or enjoy it since I started chemo. So, I thought I would really go out on a limb today and also make a small salad to go with it.

Guess what!?! 

I am dancing a HAPPY DANCE!!!!

Join me in my CELEBRATION! 

I can taste both and they both taste awesome!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED! It has been months since I could eat and enjoy my food. Believe me, it is no small blessing! All of you who have been on chemo...and have had this experience...know exactly what I am talking about. Thank You God

My hair is starting to grow back, my oxygen levels are getting better, I am getting stronger, and now my taste is starting to return. Little by little I feel my life (my normal), pre-cancer and especially pre-chemo treatments, coming back to me.

Tomorrow, will be four (4) weeks since my last chemo treatment....already four weeks. Also, tomorrow morning at 8:30 I have a consultation with my Breast Surgeon, Dr. Princess Thomas, to discuss my reconstruction options. God continues to lead my journey....just as He is healing me day by day. I know that with His guidance, the best decision will be made for me.

“I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 
God, Who is so mighty and so powerful....God, Who can do ALL....what have I to fear? God, our Father, our Holy Creator, and the Great Physician....I can certainly put my life in His Hands and know that He WILL take care of me....He WILL heal me with a complete earthly healing!

I thank all of you for continuing to lift me in your prayers.

God is leading!  


God is healing!





"And my God shall supply all your needs according to 
His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19




#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer   #GodisHealing    #PrayforaCure     #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe

#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  #GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod    #PraiseGod    #ThankYouJesus
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  #CrushingCancer

#CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed   #MyGoalisCancerFree


Comments

  1. I praise God for your successes. You have been a blessing to me, and I’ll pray for you until you are completely healed, and forever more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear sister friend! Every step forward....no matter how small....is a victory. I am so happy and excited to be able to taste food again. For me, that is a huge win! I feel like I have been waiting for this day for so long, but the journey is worth it if I can be cancer free with a complete earthly healing. Amen! God is leading! Your prayers are working wonders in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!