CANCER: Taxotere Chemo Damage - Pulmonary Visit Update

This morning I went to the Birmingham Pulmonary Group and met with Dr. Jason Fain. I had some tests and I showed improvement over where I was a month ago.


Dr. Fain has cleared me for my bilateral mastectomy.

However, I am not cleared for the additional reconstruction surgery. It would just make the surgery too long as it would run 6 to 7 hours and that is too risky. In addition, I would have to be on a ventilator for approximately two days and my hospital stay would be much longer. Therefore, if I choose to do the bilateral reconstruction, it will be a separate surgery in the future.

My main focus remains....achieving a complete earthly healing and putting this cancer journey behind me. The physical, mental, and emotional aspects of cancer I want to be able to put behind me; however, my testimony moving forward will be a monumental part of my life as I share my story, serve others....giving God the glory always.

Since I am having to cancel my appointment tomorrow with the Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Stephen Steinmetz, my next step is my pre-op which is scheduled for Thursday, February 28th at St. Vincent's Main Hospital.

I Praise God for carrying me through this journey. He has blessed me through the bad and has given me so many positives to reflect on as I continue to move forward. Such a comforting feeling to wake-up in the middle of the night and know that I have 3 with me.....God, Jesus, and His Holy Spirit. Not for one minute in my cancer journey have I ever felt alone.

Over the past....almost 6 months now....I have not ceased to be touched, humbled, and amazed at the outpouring of concern, love, and prayers that I have received. So many cards, calls, Facebook private messages, texts, and responses to my Facebook posts and to my blog posts. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You all have been a great part of my lifeline. No matter what I have gone through in my cancer journey, I knew that I was not walking it alone. In addition to my precious family, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit....I have ALWAYS known that my faith-filled, loving prayer warriors are walking right along beside me.



We still have a ways to go in this cancer journey and I know that I can continue to depend on each of you to lift me, by name, in your daily prayers.


"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." - Deuteronomy 31:8 Amen!









#GodisLeading   #BreastCancer  #DoubleMastectomy  #IBelieve
#BeatCancer  #GodisHealing  #PrayforaCure   #PrayerWarriors
#BilateralBreastCancer  #BreastReconstruction  #HeProtectsMe
#WhereHeLeadsIWillFollow  #GodisinControl #PrayingGrands   #GodisaGoodGod  #PraiseGod   #ThankYouJesus
#Taxotere 
#MyGoalisCancerFree #MyCancerWarisOn  
#CrushingCancer  #CancerWillNotWin   #IAmBeingHealed  
#MyGoalisCancerFree  #Pulmonary

Comments

  1. Praying for perfect Pre-Op testing on Thursday. Then a 4-day vacation before you have your surgery. It will be exhausting but probably a relief knowing that only healing is ahead of you. A time for healing before any more chemo. I KNOW you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am looking forward to getting the surgery behind me and getting to take a break from some type of test or doctor visit....not to mention, I am loving my break from chemo. If all goes well, I will never have to have chemo again...except in pill form for 5 years. After healing from surgery will be 30 rounds of radiation. Thank you dear sister for your continued friendship and prayers. We have "come a long way baby" and we aren't looking back...only ahead. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your continued prayers. Got a lot ahead of me, but have already gone through a lot and I know that God will see me through. Hope you are feeling much better now.

      Delete
  4. Praying for a successful visit with your pre opp!
    🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend. I can NOT believe the change in my life that is going to come one week from today. By this time next week, my surgery will be behind me and recovery will be getting started.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: Liver Biopsy - PET Scan - Treatment Changes

CANCER: A New Complication.....My Heart

CANCER: Dark Days with the "Demon" Cancer....BUT God Shines Through! Amen!